GEO-CRADLE at GEOSS Data Providers Workshop, 20-21/04/2017, Florence
GEO-CRADLE on behalf of GEOSS would like to invite potential and future data providers of the GEO-CRADLE DataHub to the 2nd GEO Data Providers Workshop:
Invitation to the workshop
Data Providers are invited to attend the Second GEO Data Providers workshop. Whether your data is already brokered by the Global Earth Observation System of Systems (GEOSS), or your data could be integrated as a new resource in GEOSS, this workshop is for you.
The First GEO Data Providers workshop was held as a side event at the GEO-XIII Plenary in St Petersburg, Russia, to strengthen dialogue with data providers and to improve the discoverability, accessibility and usability of GEOSS resources.
Given the high level of interest and success of the initial workshop, a more comprehensive event of two days will be hosted by the Italian National Research Council (CNR) in Florence, Italy, from 20th to 21st of April, 2017, in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA).
Objectives of the workshop:
- Grow the GEO Data Providers community and discuss key principles.
- Embrace the GEOSS Vision: To realize a future where decisions and actions, for the benefit of humankind, are informed by coordinated, comprehensive and sustained Earth observation information and services.
- Learnmore about GCI operations.
- Dialogue on critical elements like metadata, data quality and GEOSS Data Management Principles.
- Learn about GEOSS brokering agreements, how to contribute data and resources to GEOSS.
- Learn more about how data are used by users.
- Discuss Open Access –beyond discovery, data policy.
- Discuss benefits and issues for GEOSS Data Providers.
GEO-CRADLE Regional Datahub was presented in the workshop in order to explain how the GCI was technically implemented and also to attract more data providers. Mr. Vassilis Tsironis presented „The GEO-CRADLE Regional Data Hub tool: Utilizing the GEO DAB APIs for easy access and discovery of regional EO data“ and Dr. Anna Polychroniou presented „The GEO-CRADLE Regional Data Hub tool: A vision for a regional GEOSS Portal„.