EDGE-Pro is an Egyptian shareholding company established in 2004 at Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt. The company founders have experience of more than 20 years in the fields of remote sensing, geographic information systems and Photogrammetry besides the high caliber staff with a diverse expertise in Satellite image processing, GIS, software development and training.
Our most recent technology shift recorded our dedication to developing new solutions based on simplicity and customized solutions—a single architecture and a single release strategy that integrates all our experiences (GIS, Communication and DB ) in one pool i.e. Emergency Management Information Systems. This ensures performance, reliability, and security at the scale that customers demand without compromise.
- First NameEnjy
- Last NameAhmed
- PositionMarketing Manager
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 1+(202) 23148208
- Fax+(202) 23148209
- Organisation NameEdge Pro for Information Systems
- Thematic AreaOther
- Street NameSama Towers
- Street NoBuilding 30D
- Postal Code11571
- 1. Which of these statements best describe your Organisation’s role in the value chain?Raw data/providerValue-adder(data process-modelling)GIS/mapping service providerEnd User with in house GIS/ mapping capabilities
- 2. What are the main thematic areas of activity of your Organisation?Climate change (e.g. climatology- meteorology atmospheric composition- air quality- radiation)Food security (including agriculture and water extremes i.e. floods and droughts)Access to raw materials (e.g. minerals- mining- etc)Energy (including renewables such as solar / wind energy - etc.)
- 3. Has your organisation participated in EO-related projects?Yes
- 4. Has your Organisation participated in any Copernicus service provision, Copernicus User requirements definition or Copernicus Research & Innovation action?No
- 5. Has your Organisation participated in any GEO/GEOSS SBA Tasks, community activities or initiatives?Yes
- Please provide some additional information We support university students with free training courses and data / We organize a yearly conference for the Geo-spatial field in Egypt and ME countries to spread new technology
- 6. How would you rate your Organisation’s level of collaboration with other EO actors in your country or abroad?
- A. In your CountryHigh(>10 actors)
- B. AbroadModerate(5-10 Actors)
- From the list below, please choose all the domains in which your organisation has capacities. 4) EO data exploitation for the provision of value-adding services and products
- Do you deliver services / products that are based on the exploitation of EO data? Yes
- Which of the following areas do your products/services cover? You can choose more than one Land Use/Cover & Change (classified activities and statistics)GeologyUrban AreasInfrastructure (buildings-telecommunications and energy supply)Agriculture (farming-crops-yield-etc)Other (e.g. landslide-earthquakes-etc)
- Please provide some additional details and/or give concrete examples of the products/services.
Rice Straw Burn
Oil Spill Detection
- Do you provide these products/services freely or on a commercial basis?Some are charged for
- Are you using open EO data sources (e.g. EOSAT, USGS, NASA, ESA) for providing services and which?
yes, Landsat images
- Which are your main customers / end-users?
Governmental ministries and authorities in Egypt and Construction Companies in ME.
- 1. Is there funding for EO activities available in your country? Yes
- If yes, specify the case(s).Yes-for infrastructure development
- Please specify
UN Habitat and others
- 2. Is there a National Space Policy/Strategy? No
- 3. Is there a Space Agency in your country? No
- 4. Which of the following best describes the level of coordination of EO activities in your country? Basic
- Please provide examples of collaboration between research and private sector entities in your country.
Private sector provides samples and support for research institutes.
- 5. Which of the following best describes the level of interaction between the EO community and decision makers in your country?In specific thematic areas
- Please provide examples of EO-based services and/or products in your country which are operationally used by public sector bodies.
Digital Maps and Satellite imagery
- 6. Can you give examples of high impact EO dedicated workshops organized in your country in the last decade?
Geomakani conference "Geospatial Technologies Conference" held different types of workshops inside it.
Engagement in GEO-CRADLE
- 1. Would your Organisation be interested in contributing with its capacities to a regional initiative of GEO and/or Copernicus, addressing regional needs in the domains of Climate Change, Access to Raw Materials, Energy, Food Security and Water? Yes under specific conditions
- 2. Would you be interested in providing feedback to the GEO-CRADLE consortium for establishing a roadmap for the implementation of GEO and Copernicus in North Africa, Middle East and the Balkans? Yes