Although there has been significant progress in the region of interest (Balkans, North Africa, Middle East), it is still a challenge to develop Earth Observation capacities, cooperation and exploitation at a satisfactory level in the region.
Therefore the project seeks to:
- enhance the current knowledge of existing EO capacities in the region (through an ongoing survey);
- facilitate the cooperation between EO stakeholders (through a networking platform and several events);
- identify the gaps and the maturity level (through analysis) and boost the maturity of the different countries in the region;
- enable the exchange of EO data (by setting up a Regional Data Hub);
- showcase concrete ways of tackling regional challenges related to adaptation of climate change, improved food security, better access to raw materials and energy (through feasibility studies);
- propose a roadmap for the implementation of GEO, GEOSS and Copernicus in the three regions.